Tuesday, December 9, 2008

fancy nancy

If you are not already familiar, there is a series of books by Jane O'Connor based on a character named Fancy Nancy. Ava has tendencies that are so much like Nancy, that I couldn't help but persuade her just a bit to be Fancy Nancy for Character Day at school today. She chose 'Bonjour, Butterfly' as her inspiration. She picked out most everything herself and came up with a stunning outfit...picture below is minus the wings - she did find blue ones - and extremely poor lighting, but you get the idea. It's hard for me to come to terms with the fact that my baby is no longer a baby or even a toddler anymore. Watching her grow is truly bittersweet. I know it won't be long and she'll too cool to be dressing fancy and silly. For now, I am really enjoying this time of mis-matched fanciness and her ability to pull it off.


2 comments:

TY said...

Oh my that is awesome. I love Ava!

Amy said...

She is truly one of a kind...and I lover her for it!