Saturday, November 29, 2008

c is for cookie!


I really love making cookies this time of year. The kids and I made chai tea shortbread cookies today. A new recipe, and pretty good I'd say based on the 6 I've had so far today. I was pleasantly surprised at how really helpful the kids were. Typically cookie making is a drawn out, we're never going to get this done, kind of project. But this year, Gabe read the recipe while Ava attempted to find the ingredients...she took out everything she thought should go in cookies (vanilla, baking soda, sprinkles), then when I told her no, we're looking for pumpkin pie spice, I got this look:


Ah, but we're oh so happy when we find the right thing (rabbit on the bottle was a very helpful clue)

Now we're off to the mall, Christmas lists in hand. The kids brainstormed all morning about what they really, really wanted. We'll see how we do. Just the 4 of us, dinner out on a slightly snowy evening and an attempt to make a dent in the shopping...I think it should be pretty fun even if we don't accomplish a lot.

No comments: