Monday, November 24, 2008

'tis the season

I've been thinking about getting ready for Christmas. It really hasn't gone much beyond "thinking" because I've been too busy cleaning up other people's garbage (see previous post) to actually do any doing. We're going to Joe's brother's for Thanksgiving. Thank goodness for small favors. No need to clean the house quite yet. Maybe somebody out there can help me with a couple major questions to kick off the dreaded season?

1) Any good Christmas card making websites? I have the picture. I was hoping to find a cool website to create the card, but haven't had time to look around (maybe I should do that instead of blogging...) I can go the old slim line route as a last ditch effort of course, but I was hoping for something unique. Anyone?
2) What should I get my kids? I know, I should know better than anyone else what to get them, but they have so much. I think I'm really starting to fear clutter (again, see previous post). We're toying with the Wii idea. I haven't even started to investigate though, and I truly am clueless. What is the bare minimum I need to get to avoid a war between 2 kids on Christmas morning? Can I even get one still and where? Will my 5 year old girl enjoy it? Or would Santa be really ripping her off this year?

I'm sure I have more questions, but my brain is ready to shutdown. I found a few pictures from previous years Christmas cards that I thought worth sharing. My how they have grown. Don't ask me what happened to 2004 though?


2003 - look at that fat and crabby face (no, this wasn't our Christ mas card)


2003


2005


2006

2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like tiny prints for cards. if you want i can make you some that look similar but are cheaper.

my parents have a wii and it's a lot of fun. i think they are easier to find this year. it's a really good family gift - i would check on the minimum age thing though, i'm pretty clueless about kids over the age of 2 and what they like/don't like. :)

Amy said...

1. I'm one of the least creative people on the planet when it comes to cards, so I'm probably no help. I normally use walmart.com (they're the cheapest) or kodakgallery.com. Lots of designs for your basic card, and a couple different sizes to choose from.

2. I think your kids- both of them- would love a Wii. As would you and Joe. I know a family with a 6 year old boy and a 5 year old girl who absolutely love it. They have 2 remotes so that they can play against eachother. I can check into what games they have, but I know for sure they've got MarioCart and a sports combo with bowling, tennis, golf and boxing (my favorite- I'm GOOD!).

3. Love seeing the old cards...I may have to steal your idea and do the same post!

Anonymous said...

1. I have a 20% off coupon for shutterfly. I don't do holiday cards, so I am the wrong girl to ask. LOL. However, I can't wait for a new picture this year so I can update the one I have had on my fridge from 07 of the kidz.

2. My vote is for the Wii...Ava is a genius, she will catch on quick. Plus I can just add that to the 1 million other reasons why I should come over.