Sunday, November 9, 2008

more treats than tricks

Ooops....got a little behind on the Happy Halloween post.

Once again we attended Ava's pres-school Halloween party/carnival. We were there for 2 hours and the kids loved every minute of it. In summary, controlled chaos. Kids of all ages, all in costume and many adults did partake also. Gabe got to work some of the games, so he was feeling pretty cool. Let me just say that Ava's teachers are crazy...Ms. Patty in particular. She began coming to school in costume about 2 weeks ago. A different costume each day. While Patty made a pretty cute chicken, hands down, the best costume goes to Ms. Renee. She was a baby on a grandma's back, and the picture doesn't even begin to do it justice, but I tried. Tell me that you don't want to wear this costume?! It is awesome! I nearly dropped to my knees laughing when I saw her.



Two hours and two thousand grams of sugar later, I took the kids trick or treating. The best part of the carnival was they were completely content after an hour of door to door and so was I. They were home and in bed relatively on time...yeah! Do you recognize Ava? Several people said no...who knew she could pull off anything besides a princess?!

No comments: