Sunday, October 3, 2010

my baby is 7 (updated)


For the record, I did not forget my daughter's birthday. Unfortunately, I had to be out of town for work that day, which absolutely killed me! She's seven now. I cannot believe it myself. I barely remember that chubby little baby. She's so grown up, but she'll always be my baby.

Dear Ava,

From the moment your dad said, "it's a girl!" and I said, "SHUT UP!" I knew we were really lucky to have you. Life has been so much more fun with you in it. You are an incredibly special little girl that I would be utterly lost without.

Ava...funny, fun, dramatic, quirky, weird, lovable, girly, helpful, outgoing, spirited, sweet, ruthless, relentless, crazy, cute, curly, cuddly... These are just a few of the adjectives I can easily use to describe you. I love being your mom.

Love,
Mom


Update:
I finally got around to getting Ava's birthday pictures off my camera. I completely forgot to mention the highlight of her party. She wanted the spanking machine...15+ people, grandparents included, lined the hallway so Ava could scoot through. HILARIOUS. No picture, but trust me it was very funny. I love that crazy kid. And I love this picture. She's so happy and a little embarrassed with everyone singing to her.










No comments: