Wednesday, August 31, 2011

mikelle

Here's a weird thing that happened to me.  I got a call one day from a woman in Grand Forks, ND, a friend of a friend of mine, asking if I wold take her daughter's senior pictures.  I was completely floored but really honored and extremely freaked out.   I couldn't say no, but in the back of my head I was thinking, what the hell are you thinking?!  These people are driving like six hours for this.  I gave them the whole "I'm not a professional speech".  I almost said, "you know there are real photographers in ND, right?"  But I didn't, and I'm pretty proud about that, because here's what I learned; I work really well under pressure.  This forced me to take a step that I've been wanting to take for a long time.  I was pushed outside of my comfort zone. I learned a lot and had a great time doing it.  Bonus, Mikelle is a fun and beautiful girl, and her family was truly awesome (yes, the whole fam came on the shoot, even Dad).  It was so great doing something I love so much and having this family trust and appreciate me.

I've been looking at and futzing with these for two weeks now.  I know I still have a lot to learn and would love some constructive feedback.  What do you think?





2 comments:

beanski said...

I love them all! They turned out great :) Fun to shoot someone who does what you say, huh?

I'll send the seniors calling me your way if you want them ... I'm DONE! :)

Lindsey said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I think you did a great job here. I really love the first shot. Nice work!

-Lindsey (Lindsey Lyons Photography)