Monday, August 15, 2011

rocky mountain high

A couple of weeks ago Joe completely surprised me with a trip to Breckenridge, CO.  He had everything arranged...travel, kids, lodging.  He even called my boss to make sure I could get the time off.  He employed the help of my friend Amy, and managed to keep it all top secret.  I was so impressed.  I love surprises!

We had so much fun.  I have been to Breckenridge before, but only in the winter.  I loved it just as much in the summer.  There is something about the mountains that is just so amazing.  We hiked a ton.  Hit the shops, great restaurants and the local brew pub.  The resort we stayed at was awesome, complete with a wood fireplace in our room and about 10 outdoor hot tubs on the property.  Heaven.  The only thing I was disappointed to miss was the concert with this guy doing all John Denver songs.  (I know Carrie can truly appreciate how sad I was about this).

This trip rocked!  Not only was it fun, but just plain relaxing.  We were active and lazy all in one trip.  We had uninterrupted conversations and time to just enjoy the silence.   He gets big points for planning such a great, for no apparent reason, surprise.  Thanks babe ;)

Gondola trip to Peak 8


Top of Peak 8 before the hike down

Midway up hike to Mohawk Lake.

Hiking with a torn meniscus. What a die hard.

It was so pretty at the top.  I want to go back!  Like now.  Right now!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so amazing he planned the whole thing! i love it. tom doesn't like surprises, so i think he figures no one else should either... haha. :)