Tuesday, June 14, 2011

progress

Last July I posted the beginning of our remodel project as a 'one of many' post. HAHAHAHA Doing a project of this magnitude has put a whole new perspective on blogging for me. Clearly if I'm blogging, I have way too much time on my hands. I did take some pictures on my phone however, and I have about 2 extra minutes to post them. The photo quality is not great, but you get the idea. We are not done, but we're making progress.



Yes, I do now have 4 bathrooms to attempt to keep clean. Pure craziness since I never kept the first two clean.



Mud room lockers...my dream come true!


View of foyer from upstairs (sure I really call it a foyer, why not?!)


TA DA! This is truly where all our heart, soul, sweat and tears went. Agonizing over the layout of the kitchen, finding the 'right' cabinet maker, deciding on the wood, the color, the hardware, researching appliances and sinks and don't get me started on the counter tops (yes, they are concrete, yes Joe poured them himself, yes I spent hours sealing, waxing and buffing them and yes, they are gorgeous)


If things ever slow down I'll get back to blogging and post some better pictures of the completed project. But this is all I've got for now.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, it is BEAUTIFUL. i love it.

beanski said...

really, really beautiful, heather! :) i LOVE the lockers! well, I love it all but the lockers? life changing!

good to see you last night!

Amy said...

Holy cow...LOVE IT!!! The kitchen is a dream! I can't wait to come up to cook in it! (and sorry I was so late to comment...laptop has been out of order:o( ).