Tuesday, August 3, 2010

progress

Remember the dirt pile that I told you was the addition? Progress has been made.

Plumbing has been put in.
Then concrete on the garage floor.
And concrete on the rest of the floor.
This week we have walls! I am in awe of the progress even though I've seen Joe do this so many times before. He works harder than anyone I know. He sets goals and pushes himself to meet them. He talks me through my freak outs over what color cabinets, how big to make the closet door, water in the island or no water in the island...he makes this fun. So tonight I am thankful. I am thankful for walls and a brilliantly talented husband that can build them. Thankful for friends and family that have come together and help put these walls up. I am thankful for 13 challenging years of marriage. Thankful that we've trudged through the hard stuff to build a family and a home. I'm really thankful for walls...

1 comment:

Carla Meneghini said...

yeah!!! I agree, your husband is amazing. Your children are amazing. And YOU are amazing too :) So glad to have you as a friend. BTW....what cabinets did you decide on?