Sunday, August 15, 2010

happy birthday baby


Gabe turned 9 on Friday. My sweet, good boy is growing up. I remember so many details of Gabe's birth and those first few, precious months that it's hard to believe it was that long ago. The days of elaborate birthday parties are all but gone now. We used to go over the top with hot air balloon rides, giant bouncers and extreme cakes. This year he just wanted a few friends to invite to the water park and dinner and cake with his family. That's exactly what he got. Sort of bittersweet really.

Gabe, you're my favorite boy, I love you so much you can't even imagine. I remember singing "You are My Sunshine" to you when you were a baby and it making my heart hurt. You may be almost as tall as I am, but you'll always be my baby. Happy Birthday my good boy, I love you.

No comments: