Tuesday, September 22, 2009

back to school


I am so far behind with blogging, that I don't even know where to begin. I'm imagining the next several posts to be extremely random and haphazard. A whole last half of the summer, including Gabe's birthday, summer camping, soccer games and so much more has gone on. I guess we were having too much fun for me to stop and blog. For now, I'll start in the middle. Gabe's first day of school. Not such a big deal under normal circumstances. He's in 3rd grade now, he knows the ropes...right? Except this year, less than one week before school started, we found out Gabe was accepted to a local charter school. Great! Except we had to switch gears, return school clothes, try to find uniforms (who knew tan pants without cargo pockets were that tough to find), and, oh yeah, sell Gabe on leaving his friends and starting over at a new school.

We did it! I still am not sure how we got Gabe from "No. No thank you. Absolutely not." to "Yes, mom please, I want to go..." in less than a one hour conversation. But we did, and we are so thankful for it. Gabe has been a real trooper. He misses his friends while he slowly makes new ones. The longer school days and more specialized time have already made a difference. He's been proud of his progress and improvements. We are so proud of him! And really, he looks so good in the uniform.

No comments: