Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ava's in kindergarten!


I know for a lot of parents it's bittersweet when their baby goes to kindergarten. That's how I felt when Gabe started at least. With Ava, I did not have this feeling. Not one bit. She is ready. She has been ready for almost a year now in my opinion. She is so anxious to learn. She is mad she doesn't know how to read or tie a shoe yet. She gets frustrated when she can't make her little 'g' just right. She brings her "homework" to the before/after school program and works on it before she plays. She wears her "glasses" to school when she's feeling extra studious. (she doesn't really wear glasses by the way) She's a teachers pet, social butterfly, class clown all wrapped into one. I love it! Ava starting school has been so much fun. She raises her hand at dinner now when she wants to say something, and she shows off a new skill or tells at least one story about what she did each day. When I asked her the first week of school who she sat by at lunch, here's what she told me.

Ava: "I sat by Pavo"
Me: "Pablo?"
Ava: "NO....PAVO"
Me: "Pavo?"
Ava: "Yes, but he told me to call him avocado because his name is hard to say. And he calls me banana. Well, I call him Mr. Avocado and he calls me Mrs. Banana."

Now that is something I need to remember!

No comments: