Monday, June 21, 2010

run a 5K, check


I keep telling myself should make a bucket list of all the things I want to do before I die. Like writing them down will make me actually do them. I never actually follow through on the whole making of the list though. Probably because I'm just too lazy. Or maybe because I have more determination than I give myself credit. If I really want something, maybe I don't need a list...

List or no list, running a race was never on it. I'm not a runner. Then last summer Joe's cousin Jen highly encouraged me to take up running. This spring she asked me to join her in the William A. Irvin 5K. So I did. I know it's only a 5K, but I'm pretty proud of myself for setting a a goal that was difficult for me and sticking to it. I really hated the running, but really loved the feeling of accomplishment and having my family there cheering me on. I can still picture Gabe jumping out of the crowd waving and yelling like crazy when he saw me. It was really awesome.

Here's proof I did it, don't mind my lack of style.


Thanks for all your encouragement Jen, you rock! And make me laugh REALLY hard!


And no, I won't be running the Marathon or even the half next year, so don't even ask.


The End

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just happened on your blog this morning and WOW! I saw you didnt have any comments on this and HAD to leave one because runner or no runner this is a amazing to me.

I could never do it! So many many bravos!

Tracy